Dr. Patti Ashley
Here is my bio for press releases.
Dr. Patti Ashley LPC, has integrated 40 years of experience in special education, child development, and psychology into her wholehearted work as a psychotherapist, author, international speaker, and authenticity architect coach. She brings unique insights into the identification and treatment of shame, trauma, grief and dysfunctional family patterns.
Dr. Ashley owns and operates Authenticity Architects in Boulder, Colorado. Her inimitable Authenticity Architecture model facilitates long-term changes in the brain and nervous system, helping clients break through unconscious barriers and rediscover a sense of self-love, belonging, and connection.
As a licensed professional counselor since 2000, Dr. Ashley has counseled a myriad of individuals, couples, families and groups in mental health agencies, psychiatric hospitals, and private practice settings. She also has many years of experience developing continuing education courses for physicians, hospital wellness programs, universities and other organizations.
Patti holds a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in psychology from the Union Institute and University, a Master of Education Degree in early childhood from Old Dominion University, and a Bachelor of Science Degree in special education from James Madison University. She is the author of Living in the Shadow of the Too-Good Mother Archetype (2014), Letters to Freedom (2019), and Shame-Informed Therapy: Treatment Strategies to Overcome Core Shame and Reconstruct the Authentic Self (2020).
- Union Institute and University, Cincinnati, Ohio; PhD in Psychology; November 2002
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia; MS in Early Childhood Education; August 1991
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia; BS in Special Education; May 1981
License & Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor; CO, 2000
- Certified Teacher, Special Education and Early Childhood Education; CO, 2000
- Certified Teacher, Special Education and Early Childhood Education; VA, 1981
- Certified MARI Practitioner; 1996
- Certified Shame-Informed Treatment Specialist; 2020
Featured Journalist/Blogger The Hampton Roads Shopper special section entitled “For the Love of Children;” the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters Newsletter; The Foster Parenting Newsletter; The Museum of Motherhood; The Women’s Network; The Shriver Report; Good Enough Mother; Left Hand Valley Courier; Happy Parenting; and many other publications.
Keynote Speaker and Presenter